A little insight to who I am

My photo
Montana girl with a dream and love for this life. Currently in Italy, trying to sort out what I want in life and finding out what God has for me in life. Learning to be willing and open to anything He may desire.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Darling Little Girl



I wrote the following poem when I was a juinor in highschool for Adeline. Rayia was pregnant with this sweet little one that we so love now. The above picture was taken last summer when Rayia and Jonathan visited while Jayme and Jessica were here. The day was very warm and we took Adeline and Titus to play in the small pool we have up town. I believe Adeline had fallen in the water and was a little unsure of being set down into it again even though she still wanted to play in it. The picture below was taken this last spring/summer when Rayia visited for the fourth of July.



Baby
Ten tiny fingers curl around my thumbs
Especially cute when smiling happily
Needin' hugs and lovin's all the time

Ten tiny toes just discovered
In need of instruction and loving guidance
Needing sleepy times on my lap with a story book
Yearning to roll, crawl, and eventually toddle about


Frowns and smiles to delight everyone around
It begs to be caressed, oh skin so soft
Needing comforting arms after crashing to the ground
Giggling and cooing in the most charming manner
Entangling my heart in love
Red rosy cheeks split with a grin
So dear to my heart you are sweet baby


Adeline has indeed proven to be dear to my heart as my loving little niece along with many of my sweet little cousins whose picture are shown below. What darling little girls I have been blessed with being able to be apart of their girlhoods.

Torrance, Aurora's oldest, sitting at her Aunt Mindy's

Gracie, Doug's youngest, napping at our house while Tara was babysitting them this summer.




Little Remember at Rem's birthday and below is sweet Haylee, Aurora's youngest girl.


Isabella and Ivy, Mindy's two girls, enjoying the day fishin with their Nana and Papa.

Here's is Cassie Jo, Aurora's 2nd girl.



Adeline again playing with Gram's kitty.


Girlhood
Welcomed with tears and oh so much joy
Sleepy times being held in gentle arms
Crawling after Daddy and copying Mommy
Coos, giggles, little words, and tiny steps
Hugs and Kisses; Laughter and love

Dancing across the sky in the living room
Tickling fingers and comforting arms
Lil’ Sis arrives welcomed the same but by three
Lost a tooth, first day of school, and new friends
Hugs and Kisses; Laughter and love


The above poem was written when I was a sophmore in highschool based on my own girlhood. It always amazes me when God blesses us with simple everyday things. There is a saying that goes something like this: Enjoy the little things in life because some day you'll look back and realize they were the big things. It is so true and a lesson that I often have to remind myself of.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a beautiful, meaningful post Alaina! I'm so glad that you are a part of these little girls' lives; they have a lovely example before them. The world is full of girls interested everything but the important things; you are a wonderful exception.

Rayia said...

Alaina,
This post is so beautiful...I almost cried! What a beautiful bunch of sweet girl cousins!!! It was also so fun to see all the "Bauer" girls I haven't seen some of them in ages and I'd never seen Aurora's newest girl! And the poems are so lovely!
I agree with Jess, you are such a beautiful example of womanhood!