A little insight to who I am

My photo
Montana girl with a dream and love for this life. Currently in Italy, trying to sort out what I want in life and finding out what God has for me in life. Learning to be willing and open to anything He may desire.

Monday, September 14, 2009

A Portion of Adventure Week

So Adventure week is too big for one post so here's a portion of it. . . Four days in North Wales hiking, geocaching, team building, and delighting in God's creation.
Some of the girls getting ready to head up the mountain in the pouring rain and wind gusts up to 55 miles per hour. So excited at this point

On the path up the mountain. . .check out that rain. . .

The path further up the mountain so pretty. Lots of waterfalls, stone ruins from buildings built by the miners etc etc. . . so neat!

Our map reading excercise. . . yes it's dark as in the wee hours of the morning dark. . .

Geocaching the day after getting only 4 hours of sleep. . . hiked a couple of kilometers. . . beautiful country to be in for sure. . .

One of many stone building/ruins

The team for the day. . . (Left to Right)

Luke, Alaina, Elizabeth, Nina, Stefan B, Gracie, HaEun, Stefan S, and Clemmens

Where They're all From (Left to Right)

England, US, Germany, US, Germany, US, Korea, Netherlands, Germany

Debrief

We had a great time and learned a lot about how we work in a team. . community is hard but rewarding. . I think :) So we are making it and working together to glorify God.

One of our morning devotions was in Psalms and this is what I read and wrote from that:

Psalm 135:5-7

For I know that the Lord is great; and that our Lord is above all gods.

Whatsoever the Lord pleased that did He in heaven and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

He causes the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; He maketh the lightenings for the rain; He bringeth the wind out of His treasuries.

~~~~~

Who stretched forth the sky?

Who brought forth the wind?

Who rolls the thunder in high places?

My Jehovah

Who can calm the storm that stirs my soul?

Who can still the fear that shakes my foundation?

Who can comfort the grief that troubles my spirit?

My Jehovah

Losing sight of His might, my heart trembles

Tears shadow my eyes as deception clouds my mind

When all seems lost, none other can restore

Excpet my Jehovah

O Whom shall I sing evermore?

In whom can I rejoice again and again?

For whom shall I lay down my life?

None other than my Jehovah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well written, so beautiful!
Absolutely love the pictures:)
Love you, Mama

Rayia said...

Beautiful, amazing!