A little insight to who I am

My photo
Montana girl with a dream and love for this life. Currently in Italy, trying to sort out what I want in life and finding out what God has for me in life. Learning to be willing and open to anything He may desire.

Friday, April 10, 2009

O Israel


O Israel, how fickle are your ways
One moment your heart sings to the Lord
The next to Baal do your arms raise
His unashamed love cuts like a sword
Bringing you once again to your knees
To stand by His side fully restored

O Israel, in you I see my own heart
Crying out for forgiveness and mercy
But when I receive it I turn to depart
I flee to the uttermost parts of the sea
But even there I am within His reach
He holds me so that I may find jubilee

O Lord, give me a heart after Your own
That I may never stray again as did Israel
For with Your son’s blood did You my sins atone
I strive to cling to You on my own but to no avail
Only You can hold me with such strength
That no thief’s trickery may prevail

O Israel, which way will we run?
In His everlasting arms will we rest?
Or will we be lost in this world undone?
O Lord, hold me tight to Your chest
That peace I may find in You alone
Settle within whether I be cursed or blessed.

O Israel that I may never stray as you did
Again and again dependent on the day
To walk away from Him, God forbid.
May my heart stand firm against the sway
That tries to snatch me from His hand
Let this sheep come home never again to stray
~Alaina Mathers~
April '09

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That is really good, Alaina! I like reading your poetry.

Alaina Mathers said...

Thanks Hannah. . . I like writing it. . lets me think things through. . . and hopefully see them in a new light at least that's the idea.