A little insight to who I am

My photo
Montana girl with a dream and love for this life. Currently in Italy, trying to sort out what I want in life and finding out what God has for me in life. Learning to be willing and open to anything He may desire.

Monday, November 3, 2008

What Autumn Brings

Autumn is in full swing and with it comes hunters, voters, and hopefully snow (though I've yet to see it fall this year). The leaves have nearly all fallen off their branches, and the mornings grow chilly. It has been a wonderful Autumn thus far. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the riotous colors of the leaves changing and the tameracks sharing their orange specked throughout the forests. I have recently changed jobs and am now working at the little store up town called the Butcher's Nook. It has been a good change and I am enjoying the people I work with though I do miss some of those from McGowans. It has been awhile since I posted some artwork so I thought I'd put a few of my pieces on so I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them. These are mostly older pieces as my new ones are on the other computer which is off right now and I'm too comfortable here so transfer them over ;)
The painting is of a waterfall in glacier and the little boy is just froma picture I found that I thought was too cute.


This painting is of a creek in the Smokey Mountains back in Tennessee.
This horse is from a picture I found and again felt the itch to find a pencil and draw.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Alaina!
I have had so much fun visiting your blog.
Everything about it is so beautiful, fun and creative ~ your art and poetry are lovely!! You made me cry with "A Moment in Time"...It is so beautiful! The Lord has blessed you with an incredible gift. Keep it up!
Hope to see you soon.

your sister in Christ,
Paige Elizabeth

Alaina Mathers said...

Hello back Paige!
As you can see I've been remiss in my visits to my blog ;( Life has been so busy. . .thank you so much for your comment. I love playing around with the arts both drawing and writing.
Hope to see you as well sometime when I make it up there we should go out for coffee or something.
Alaina